Your website needs to be as professional and appealing to your target audience as possible. Given the option to create the site yourself or hire a designer raises the question, "why should I should hire a professional designer”?
1. The difference between homemade and professional – There is a huge difference between a home made web site and a professional web site. Having a professional web site will provide you with a sense of security about your products and services that no home made web site can do. Who knows that extra sense of security will help you sleep better at night.
2. Making you the expert – A professional designer will know how to make you look like the expert in your field by suggesting resources, source material, news articles and content that will make your company look knowledgeable in its field of business.
3. Making you trustworthy – A good web designer will be able to find ways to convey your trustworthiness through the use of images or text. This lets site visitors know there is a real human on the other side that is worth doing business with.
4. Greater credibility – Having a professionally designed web site will enable your small business to compete with larger companies. A professional designer will be able to make a smaller company look like a larger company; therefore, giving small companies as much credibility as the large companies.
5. Saving you time – Hiring a professional gives you the benefit of hiring an expert who knows successful, efficient ways to create a web site quickly.
6. Making it unique – There are about millions, even billions of web sites on Internet. How are you going to make yours stand out? A professional designer is able to create a web site that is unique to your business, pleasant on the eye, have clear and easy navigation, load efficiently, and work properly in all the major browsers.
7. Making it easy to use – A professional web designer will keep your visitors in mind by making it easy for them to navigate and travel around the web site without getting confused.
8. Getting ahead of your competition – Having a professionally designed web site gives visitor’s confidence in your products and services. Competition is fierce of the Internet and first impressions are very important, your web site should shake hands and smile at your site visitors.
9. Communicating your message – A professional web designer is experienced in knowing how to communicate your message. Be it through the use of colors, fonts, graphics etc., a professional web site should convey a clear consistent, compelling message that represents your business.
10. Making it Search Engine friendly – One of the most important factors about a web site is its presence in the search engines. A professional designer will know how to design your site so that it is Search Engine Friendly.
May we have the honor of building or redesigning your website?
Holiday shoppers using smartphones should beware of fake commerce apps and fake Wi-Fi hot spots inside malls. Hackers use these fakes to grab account numbers and sensitive personal information.
Many smartphone users compare prices and evaluate products while shopping inside a physical store, which means they are probably connected to a Wi-Fi network. Often, stores and malls offer Wi-Fi for the convenience of customers, but thieves also set up fake Wi-Fi hotspots to be able to steal data. Sometimes the cyber thieves even monitor consumer communications over legitimate Wi-Fi hotspots that haven't been properly configured and expose a user's information openly.
When shopping online anywhere, users need to be aware that hackers have set up fake store apps that look like legitimate ones, usually enticing smartphone users with deals and rewards. They observe unencrypted traffic or even manipulate the content the victim sees online to redirect the user to a malicious website or to download malware.
When a hacker sets up a fake Wi-Fi network, the hacker will mimic a legitimate network, often using the same name. Hackers might set up a network that uses the word "free" in the name to lure victims. Even short access to a malicious network may give a hacker enough information to later access bank accounts or social media accounts.
For online shoppers using commerce apps, Skycure said hackers will sometimes repackage legitimate apps so the fake app looks exactly like the real one. The fake app works in the background to steal data or spy on the user. The security firm found a repackaged version of a Starbucks app, for example, and said users can avoid the problem by installing the official app from the Apple and Google app stores.
Or, hackers will create fake apps from scratch. Such fake apps promise rewards to get people to download the apps. With the fake Amazon Rewards app, Skycure found it was actually a trojan that spreads by using SMS messages with fake Amazon vouchers and a link to a fake website. It even accesses the user's contact list so that it can send SMS messages to even more people.
To safeguard against risky apps:
To safeguard against risky Wi-Fi:
- A websites target audience should be thought about at absolutely all stages of the design process. Websites should be appropriately made for the target audiences to use and should provide them with all of the information that they're likely to need.
- Branding should be consistent throughout websites, where possible using brand colours, logos and stable messaging throughout.
- Think simplicity. Flashy, over-complicated websites can often provide poor user experiences; with too much going on in one place users can sometimes feel bombarded. The majority of the most effective websites are made up of simple and clean layouts that are easy to navigate.
- All images and videos on a website should be high quality. Fuzzy and low quality images can make any website look incredibly poor and create negative impacts on brands.
- SEO should be used to ensure websites get the attention which they deserve – there is no point in having the best website if no one is going to see it!
Since your website is a critical part of your business, it is very important that it is routinely maintained and managed. Maintenance must be done on just about every site on the Internet to maintain or increase visitor traffic and to keep or better your rankings in the Search Engines. Frequent updates and continuing development give your visitors the feeling that you run a dynamic and innovative organization and helps attract business and return viewers. They can also save you from cyber attacks!
What needs updating?